Please read this Policy carefully. Use of this Site is subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If the terms and conditions of the Policy are unacceptable to you, please do not use this Site and do not submit any personally identifiable information via this Site. When you submit information via this Site, you consent to the information collection, use, and disclosure practices described in this Policy.
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. This Site and this Policy are directed to persons located in the United States and users from other geographic regions use this Site with full knowledge.
Scope of this Policy
Passive Information Collection and Use
During your visit, this Site may passively collect certain kinds of information, as described below:
IP Addresses. An Internet protocol (IP) address is a unique identifier automatically assigned to a user's computer when logging onto the Internet. IP addresses are used to identify server problems, administer a website, and compile aggregated statistics for marketing and research purposes. This Site captures IP addresses.
Navigational Data. Navigational data includes log files and clickstream data. Navigational data can identify a user’s Web browser and operating system, when and for how long a user visits a website, what pages a user views on a website, and the address of the website that the user was visiting previously. This information is typically used to administer a website, improve website content, and compile aggregated statistics for marketing and research purposes. This Site collects navigational data.
Cookies. "Cookies" are small text files sent from a website to the hard drive of a user's computer to store bits of information related to that user. Cookies can store a variety of information, including IP addresses, navigational data, server information, and data transfer times. There are two kinds of cookies: session cookies, which are deleted once a user closes his or her Web browser window or otherwise turns off his computer, and persistent cookies, which remain on a user's computer hard drive until deleted.
Session cookies are typically used to aid in website navigation and to collect statistical information.
Persistent cookies can also aid in website navigation and collecting statistical information, but are typically used to customize a website for a user, such as by storing passwords and preferences so that users do not have to reenter them each time they visit a website.
This Site does use session cookies and persistent cookies.
"Internet Tags" (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are similar to cookies, but they are smaller and are typically used to collect information such as the IP address and browser type related to the user's computer. This Site uses "Internet Tags."
Active Information Collection and Use
In addition to the passive information collection practices described above, this Site actively collects information from you when you submit it through this Site. Some of the information this Site collects is information that is personal or unique to you ("Personal Information"). Bradycorp.com collects personal information from site registrants and visitors to the website on a voluntary basis. Visitors are not required to give such information to access the Bradycorp.com website. The kinds of Personal Information this Site may collect include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, job title, company name, industry sector, product purchase history, and credit card number.
To protect credit card numbers and other personal information during purchases, Bradycorp.com uses transaction encryption technology by VeriSign®. Personal information may include name, address, phone number and e-mail address. The credit card number is digitally scrambled to ensure that it is not read by unauthorized third parties. If you are concerned about internet security, please contact our customer service department to submit your order by telephone or fax.
For the most part, Personal Information that we seek from you via this Site is sought from you in your business capacity rather than in your individual capacity. We actively collect Personal Information on this Site in many different ways, including when you:
- Send us an e-mail or complete and submit an e-mail / "contact us" reply form. In this case, we may use the information you provide for many reasons, including to reply to your e-mail and to learn more about our users.
- Register a product or demo online. We use the information you provide to notify you when new versions of the product or demo are released.
- Submit a literature request, demo request, catalog request, or mailing list form. In this case, we use the information you provide to send to you, online or offline, materials you request, and to contact you regarding product demonstrations.
- Complete a price list application form. We use the information you provide to send you the requested price lists.
- Register to use the BradyServe.com vendor extranet. We use this information to verify your identity, notify you when you have access to BradyServe.com, evaluate your application, and communicate with you regarding products and services.
- Request access to the BradyServe.com distributor extranet. We use this information to verify your identity, notify you when you have access to BradyServe.com, notify you when new functions are available, and communicate with you regarding products and services.
- Submit a product suggestion form. We use the information you submit on a product suggestion form to consider, develop, and evaluate new products and services.
- Download certain kinds of software or information available on the Site. We use the information submitted in connection with such downloads to inform you of new software or information releases and to record who has downloaded the software and information available on this Site.
- Enter an online promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. We use the information you submit to determine eligibility and to contact you in connection with the promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. We may use the information you provide to send to you, online or offline, materials you request, and to contact you regarding product demonstrations.
- Complete survey, feedback, and question forms. We use the information provided in these forms to respond to your questions, evaluate products and services, and better understand our shareholders, distributors, and customers.
- Submit a "Request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number" form. We use the information contained in this form to help you return products that you have purchased.
We also reserve the right to use Personal Information (other than Resume Information) to market our products and services and those of other third parties that we think might be of interest to you, unless you have indicated a preference not to receive such marketing materials. If you do not want to receive such marketing materials, please see the paragraph entitled "Stop Communications" below. You should be aware that we may use third-party service providers to collect the information described above and also to contact you as described above.
We reserve the right to make full use of all information acquired through this Site that is not in personally identifiable form and also to combine Personal Information (other than Resume Information) collected through this Site with other kinds of information we obtain. For example, we may combine your company's name (collected on-line) with certain credit information (collected off-line) to create a customer profile. In addition, we may link actively-collected Personal Information (e.g., name, address, purchasing history) with passively-collected information (e.g., IP addresses, cookie). By combining such information, we are better able to understand how our users use this Site, what products and services interest our users, and what kinds of purchases our users are likely to make.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose Personal Information collected on this Site to all of our affiliated companies and distributors. We may also share, transfer, or disclose Personal Information submitted through this Site to other third parties, but only as provided in this Policy. When we share Personal Information with third parties, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties will protect the Personal Information and use it only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We also reserve the right to disclose or transfer any Personal Information collected at this Site:
- to protect the security of the Site;
- to protect ourselves and our affiliated companies against liability;
- to respond to subpoenas or other judicial processes;
- if we believe in good faith that the law requires it; or
- in connection with any sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a part of our business or company or any business or our affiliated companies.
The disclosure of Personal Information as contemplated in this Policy may be to a party outside your jurisdiction. By accepting the terms of this Policy, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information you have submitted through this Site to us, to our affiliated companies, and to any other third parties described in this Policy, all or some of which may be located in foreign jurisdictions that may not provide "adequate protection" for Personal Information.
If Personal Information you have submitted through this Site is no longer accurate, current, and complete, please send an e-mail to Reply_NA@bradycorp.com if you wish to modify, correct, or change this information. We will take appropriate steps to comply with your request, but reserve the right to use Personal Information you have submitted through this Site to verify your identity.
If you are receiving marketing communications (brochures, e-mails, etc.) from us or anyone else with whom we may share Personal Information as described in this Policy, and you no longer wish to receive such communications, please send an e-mail to Reply_NA@bradycorp.com or complete our eMail Opt Out Form online.
Bradycorp.com will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of all visitor information collected, but Bradycorp.com will have no liability for disclosure of any site visitor information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties. Any e-mail submitted through Bradycorp.com (including forms submitted via e-mail) may not be secure or encrypted, so care should be taken in deciding what information is sent via e-mail.
We hope that you will share with us any comments, questions or suggestions you might have regarding the information practices described in this Policy. Please feel free to send us an e-mail at Reply_NA@bradycorp.com or write to us at Brady Corporation, PO Box 2131, Milwaukee, WI 53201, Attn: Ebusiness Department.
Changes to this Policy